Simple And Easy Pasta DoughFrom teenbaker3 4 years ago
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour (You may substitute 1/2 of this flour with semolina flour if you prefer) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (any type, I prefer regular but extra virgin works too) shopping list
- 1+ Tablespoon water shopping list
- Fresh or dried herbs, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, herbs, and salt.
- Make a well in the flour and add the egg and oil.
- Mix well adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water as needed to form a dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Form the dough into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- At this point you can roll out and cut the pasta for spagetti, ravioli, or other things by hand or machine.
- Cook the fresh pasta for only 2-4 minutes in boiling water.
- FREEZING DIRECTIONS BELOW
- After rolling and cutting the dough line an airtight container with parchment paper and place a layer of pasta. Followed by another layer of parchment and pasta.
- When ready to cook put the frozen pasta directly into the boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes. DO NOT defrost the dough.