chocolate Cherry cookie ChewsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup dried tart cherries shopping list
- 1/3 cup cherry liqueur shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
How to make it
- The day before making cookies, plump the dried cherries by covering them with very hot water and letting them stand for about 10 minutes. Drain them, toss with the cherry liqueur, and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard the liqueur when ready to make the cookies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugars, blending in the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour. Fold in cherries, white and dark chocolate and macadamia nuts. The batter should be soft. Drop generous tablespoons of the batter onto baking sheets, leaving plenty of space between the cookies. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until brown around the edges.