Wheat Berry SaladFrom marmay 4 years ago
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries shopping list
- 3 cups Cooked wheat berries, (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1 large fuji apple, unpeeled, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted (see Tip) and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine orange juice , cherries or cranberries in a small bowl.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine wheat berries, apple and pecans in a large bowl; stir gently.
- Drain the cranberries, reserving the juice.
- Stir the cranberries into the wheat berry mixture.
- Whisk the reserved orange juice, vinegar and oil in a small bowl until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and stir gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Tip: To toast pecan halves, spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
The Cookmarmay MI
- Not added to any groups yet!