Roasted Eggplant Focaccia SandwichFrom gottaluvit 6 years ago
- 1 small eggplant (prepared see below) shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper shopping list
- ½ cup red onion shopping list
- 1 banana pepper shopping list
- 1 3.8oz can black olives shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1-2 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 4-5 basil leaves shopping list
- 3 mint leaves shopping list
- Dash of curry powder shopping list
- Dash or two of lemon juice shopping list
- Dash of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Slice eggplant into round ¼ to ½ inch thickness sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture (wait 10-15 minutes, pat the drawn moisture off eggplant).
- 2. Drizzle slices with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in oven at 200 degrees for aprox 20-30 minutes.
- 3. During the eggplant roasting, chop ingredients 2-7 into a relish like consistency (or use your food processor)
- 4. Place all veggies into bowl and add curry, lemon juice, vinegar and salt and pepper give it a good stir and place in a pan for roasting,drizzle with olive oil.
- 5. Remove eggplant from oven and turn up the heat to 375 degrees and place pan with chopped veggies in oven aprox. 5-10 minutes (this cooks fast because it’s so finely diced).
- 6. Dice your eggplant and add to roasting mixture as it comes out of the oven. Heap the mixture onto sliced open focaccia bread drizzle inside of top layer with olive oil.
- 7. Turn your broiler on and top roasted veggies with your brie cheese. Set your sandwich (opened) under the broiler to toast the inside of the bread as well as warm the brie.