Sausage Fontina and Bell Pepper StrataFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- • 6 large eggs shopping list
- • 2 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- • 2 cups sliced green onions shopping list
- • 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- • 1/2 cup finely grated romano cheese shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 pound hot Italian sausages, casings removed shopping list
- • 1 large red bell pepper, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch wide-strips shopping list
- • 1 1-pound loaf rustic French bread, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- • 2 cups (loosely packed) coarsely grated Fontina cheese shopping list
How to make it
- • Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Whisk first 7 ingredients in large bowl; sprinkle generously with pepper. Set aside.
- • Place sausage in large nonstick skillet; push to 1 side. Add bell pepper to other side of skillet. Sauté over high heat, breaking up sausage with fork, until sausage is cooked through and bell peppers are brown in spots, about 7 minutes.
- • Arrange half of bread slices in prepared dish. Pour half of egg mixture over. Sprinkle with half of cheese, then half of sausage-pepper mixture. Repeat layering. Let stand 20 minutes, occasionally pressing on bread to submerge. Bake strata until puffed and brown, about 1 hour. Cool slightly.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Oh yeah baby !!! i love sausage type meals this is so yummy
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Savin' this one for my next brunch! Yum-o!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!