Lentil and Asparagus SoupFrom prince 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cu. of dry lentils shopping list
- 2 (32 oz.) containers of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 of a large shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 large grated onion shopping list
- 1 c. of asparagus tips shopping list
- 1 c. of sweet peas shopping list
- 1/4 c. of white sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of orange marmalade shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of curry powder shopping list
- 1 pinch saffron shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium head garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of dried basil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First you need to set your oven on 450 degrees.
- Now you need to snip the head of the garlic off and then put the garlic in a regular bowl of water.
- Next you will pour 2 tbsp. of olive oil over garlic, with basil.
- Cover the garlic on a baking sheet, and put in oven.
- Now you will cut the peppers in 1/2 and pull out seeds.
- Then you will drizzle with olive oil with 1 tbsp. of oil on the baking sheet.
- Let the garlic and pepper cook in the preheated over aprox. 20-40 min.
- Take this out of oven and let cool.
- Next you want to remove skins of pepper and chop with large knife.
- Now you want to mash the garlic with large knife and mash garlic into a paste.
- Then you want to mix your lentils and broth in a large pot over medium flame.
- Your going to want to let this boil and then lower your flame to low. for round 40 min. just until lentils are done.
- now you can stir in the garlic paste, the bell peppers, the carrots, onion, asparagus, peas in lentil mixture.
- If you need more liquid, you can add more broth.
- Now you are going to sugar, marmalad, curry powder, saffron, and salt.
- You are going to want to let this simmer for approx. 40 min. or until the veggies are tender.
- Ladle up and serve!
The Cookprince Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!