Exotic Zatar ChickenFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1, 3 to 4 lb chicken cut up shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Basic Za'tar : shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried hyssop (or thyme) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sumac shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- Other additions: cumin, corriander, mint, fennel, fenugreek, parsley, oregano, dried lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up chicken
- coat in olive oil and then in spices.
- Place in ziplock bag and marinate several hours over overnight
- Remove from bag, add more zatar if desired and salt and pepper
- Roast 425F , 40 minutes or done and crisp and golden
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the sesame seeds on a small sheet pan or pie plate and toast for 6 minutes. Combine hyssop or thyme, sumac, salt, parsely, and sesame seeds and grind into a fine powder in a spice mill.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 months.
- Vary herb and spices for other exotic flavors
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Taste Of Israel14 members
Spiceherbseasoning Blends22 members
Chicken Little166 members