Asian orange ginger soupFrom k80 7 years ago
- Ingredients are subject to what is in season. shopping list
- orange juice - one litre shopping list
- vegetable or chicken stock - one litre shopping list
- baby bok choy - about 5 cups shredded shopping list
- carrots - 2 cups match-stick shopping list
- bean sprouts - 2 cups shopping list
- Snow or sugar snap peas - Handful sliced thin diagonally shopping list
- Zuchinni or summer squash - sliced thinly into half moons shopping list
- bamboo shoots - one small tin sliced in matchsticks shopping list
- baby canned corn - one large tin shopping list
- water chestnuts - one small tin sliced thinly shopping list
- green onion - 3-4 entire stalks shopping list
- Fresh ginger root - peeled, about 2 inches, either sliced thinly or grated shopping list
- soy sauce - about 1/4 or to taste, depending on salt preference. shopping list
- soba noodles - One finger-sized amount of dry soba noodles per person is usually enough. (More or less for preference!) shopping list
How to make it
- Put all your orange juice, stock, and ginger in your soup pot, and put on medium heat.
- Prep all your vegetables while your stock is slowly warming up, wash and slice so everything is matchstick size. If you are lucky, your grocery store will have products ready-sliced for you, such as the carrots, bamboo shoots, etc. The green onions can be sliced smaller for less 'bite'.
- Place all your vegetables in the soup pot at once, bring the temperature up to medium-high, and let simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are still crunchy, but becoming tender. Do NOT let the soup come to a boil and do not overcook, your bok choy can't handle it and will go greyish.
- Meanwhile, boil your soba noodles seperately, they will only take a few minutes to become el dente.
- Add soy sauce to your soup to your taste preference (or put it out on the table for the diners to add to their own bowls).
- Place soba noodles in bottom of serving bowls, and ladle hot soup over noodles, and presto! Serve with a spoon AND fork!