Vegetable Stuffed Flank SteakFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 pound beef flank steak fat trimmed shopping list
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion and tops shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Flatten flank steak with meat mallet until even thickness.
- Score steak diagonally in diamond pattern on both sides with sharp knife.
- Place steak in shallow glass baking dish and pour dressing over top.
- Cover then refrigerate 2 hours turning steak occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray then heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, celery, green onions and garlic then sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs and Italian seasoning then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until bread crumbs are browned approximately 3 minutes.
- Spread vegetable stuffing on steak leaving a 2” margin along sides.
- Roll up lengthwise jelly roll style securing edge with wooden picks or tie with kitchen string.
- Spray large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray then heat over medium high heat until hot.
- Add meat and brown on all sides then add broth to skillet stirring to dissolve juices from bottom.
- Add reserved marinade then bake covered at 325 for 45 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!