Strawberry Meringue PieFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- : shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely crushed saltines (about 10 crackers), divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 package (4 ounces) German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cracker crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in pecans and remaining cracker crumbs.
- Spread evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan.
- Bake at 300° for 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off and do not open door; let cool in the oven overnight.
- In a small heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over crust.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or until set.
- Top with strawberries. In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon over berries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This sounds fabulous! thank you, Midgelet!! will save and give it a number!! 5555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites139 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
A Fruity World45 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members