Pineapple Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 8 whole small chicken breasts, boned shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped shopping list
- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- Sweet-Sour pineapple Sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple slices in syrup shopping list
- syrup reserved from crushed pineapple shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pimento, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Place boned chicken breasts skin side down on board. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Drain pineapple and reserve the syrup for the Sweet-Sour Pineapple Sauce. Heat 4 tablespoons butter in skillet; add green bell pepper, celery, onion and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; add the tarragon, bread crumbs, pimiento and the drained pineapple; mix well.
- Place about 1/4 cup stuffing mixture in center of each chicken breast; fold the sides over and fasten with skewer or string. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add chicken breasts, four at a time and brown lightly on all sides. Remove and place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes until tender. Serves 8.
- Sweet-Sour Pineapple Sauce
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add green bell pepper and onion; cook for 2 minutes. Drain syrup from pineapple slices and add to saucepan with the syrup reserved from the crushed pineapple in stuffing. Blend cornstarch with water; add to saucepan. Add bouillon cube, brown sugar, tarragon, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken and comes to a boil.
- Cut pineapple slices in half; add to the sauce with the pimiento. Heat and serve over the chicken breasts.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!