Poaching liquid for fish or chickenFrom softgrey 7 years ago
- 2 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 green onion, roughly diced shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, roughly diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, quartered shopping list
- 5-10 Sprigs parsley, stems only shopping list
- 1 sm Sprig thyme shopping list
- 1/2 Bay leaf- or 1 small one shopping list
- 5-10 white peppercorns, crushed shopping list
- 3 coriander seeds - or 3 shakes of ground coriander seed shopping list
How to make it
- Put everything in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Poach fish in liquid.- I used cod.
- Strain liquid in a fine sieve.
- Liquid may be re-used to make rice as an accompaniment for fish.