Lorna Doone Shortbread Dessert with Heath Bar ToppingFrom momofsixil 6 years ago
- 1 package Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, finely crushed shopping list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 small packages vanilla instant pudding shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream, softened shopping list
- 1 16-ounce container Cool Whip shopping list
- 2 Heath Toffee candy bars, crushed, or 1 package Heath Toffee Bits for baking shopping list
How to make it
- Finely crumb package of Lorna Doone Shortbread cookies in food processor.
- Melt butter or margarine in microwave or on stove top in small saucepan over low heat.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press evenly in ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool crust completely.
- In large mixing bowl, mix both packages of instant vanilla pudding, milk, and softened vanilla ice cream.
- Pour and spread evenly over cooled shortbread crust.
- Spread container of Cool whip over pudding/ice cream mixture already in pan.
- Sprinkle with crushed Heath candy bars or bits.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating4 people
Sounds yummy!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Wowza!! This sounds totally like my kind of dessert! YUM!!!jett2whit in Union City loved it