Ice Cream with Rum Mango SauceFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lime shopping list
- vanilla low-fat or non-fat ice cream or ice milk, shopping list
- or flavor of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Puree the diced mango in an electric blender or food processor until smooth
- . Combine the pureed mango with the pineapple juice, honey, rum, and lime juice in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over moderate heat
- . Mix the cornstarch and water and add to the mango mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Add the lime zest and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm or chilled over ice cream.
- Makes about 1 cup, to serve 4 to 6.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Mmmmm. This sounds delicious. I'm sure it would be great over more than just icecream. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Mmmmmmm good peeta i love it !!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!