Pickled PeppersFrom tashmoore 4 years ago
How to make it
- Sterlise jars and lids and prep canner.
- Select and wash your favorite sweet peppers. Cut peppers into quarters, remove cores and seeds and cut away any blemishes. Slice peppers into strips.
- Boil vinegar, water, and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add peppers and bring to a boil.
- Place 1/2 clove of garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in each sterile half-pint jar (double the amounts for pint jars).
- Add pepper stripes and cover with hot vinegar mixture, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust lids and process jars. Boiling water canner: 5 minutes for under 1000 feet. 10 minutes for 1000-3000 feet.
The Cooktashmoore Fort Meade, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!