Hot Pepper jellyFrom walters1970 6 years ago
How to make it
- use a blender to grind up the peppers but not at the same time because you will need to measure afterward.
- Combine peppers, sugars and vinger in large saucepan.
- Place over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a hard boil
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in pectin
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Skim off foam with a metal spoon, and pour quickly into hot sterilized jelly glasses,leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Seal at once with 1/8 inch layer of hot paraffin or metal lids.
The Cookwalters1970 Richton, MS
- Not added to any groups yet!