Butterfly Shrimp amp Vegetable StirfryFrom darmorrow 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, divided shopping list
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided shopping list
- 3 tbsp sake (rice wine) divided shopping list
- 4 tsp honey liquid, divided shopping list
- 1-2 tsp chili paste with garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 lb shrimp - tiger prawns or any large shrimp shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp peanut oil or canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1 cup (1 inch) slices green onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced peeled ginger, fresh shopping list
- 1 cup (1/4 inch thick) red pepper strips shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1/4 inch thick) diagonally cut carrots shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas (about 4 oz) shopping list
- 4 cups cooked hot wide noodles (Wide lo mein or udon) about 8 oz uncooked or rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, 1 1/2 tbsp cornstartch, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sake, 2 tsp honey, chili paste and sesame oil, stirring with whisk. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact (I didn't). Starting at tail end, butterfly each shrimp, cutting to but not through the underside and discard vein.
- Combine 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp sake and 1 tbsp soy sauce in a large bowl stirring with a whisk. Add shrimp, toss gently to coat and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in large nonstick wok or skillet over med high heat.
- Add shrimp over med high saute 4 min.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Stir in onions, ginger, and garlic. Saute 30 sec.
- Add bell peppers and carrots saute 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and simer 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp and broth mix, bring to boil and cook 1 min or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add noodles and cook 1 min or until slightly thickened and thorougly heated.
- Calories - 344 per serving, Fat 7 g, Protein 20 grams, fibre 2.8 grams, sodium 507 mg.