Red Wine Or Sangria CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 325F
- Chop up the chocolate in small pieces
- In a heavy duty ssauce pan , place chocolate, softened butter, sugar and wine.
- Cook and stir over medium to low heat until chocolate is dissolved and mixture is melted.
- Do not let boil!!
- Remove from heat
- Remove 5 oz from the mixture and set aside to use as the sauce
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat into egg mixture to make smooth
- Then add the wine mixture and beat till smooth
- Pour ( yes mixture will be thin ) into a greased 9 inch springform pan
- Bake in a 325F oven till set and toothpick in center comes out clean
- This will take anywhere from 35 to 60 minutes until cake appears set
- Remove cake to rack
- Carefully run blade of knife around edges and remove side of pan
- Place a plate under cooling rack to catch any drips
- Carefully pour remaining wine mixture slowly over hot cake
- Let cake cool at least one hour before slicing
- Serve room temp or chilled with a dollop of whipped cream
- Cake also freezes well
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth447 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Italian Group96 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members