Vanilla Bean Loaf CakesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla sugar (1 split vanilla bean stirred into 1 pound of sugar; let sit for a few days) shopping list
- 1 whole vanilla bean shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ......................................................... shopping list
- vanilla syrup shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 whole vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped shopping list
- .................................... shopping list
- In a small pan dissolve the sugar in water over medium heat. Add the vanilla beans and stir a little so the seeds and fragrance disperse. Take the pan off the heat shopping list
How to make it
- Heavily butter or spray two similarly sized loaf pans, and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a paddle attachment in your mixer, cream butter and vanilla sugar until mixture is pale and fluffy. Scrape the vanilla bean and flick its seeds into the mixer, along with the vanilla extract and eggs; beat to mix.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into another bowl. Add to the batter and mix just until smooth (a few turns of the paddle should do it.) Take the bowl off the mixer and use a spatula to scrape the bottom and fold the mixture a few times, to make sure everything is blended.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the pans around, and bake an additional 25 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester or skewer comes out almost clean.
- While the loaves bake, prepare the syrup.
- When loaves are done, cool for 10 minutes on baking racks, then turn them out of their pans and set back on the racks. Place the racks over parchment paper or a baking sheet and brush generously all over (bottoms, tops, and sides) with the Vanilla Syrup. Brush a couple of more times as they cool. Cakes may be wrapped and frozen
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!