Cranberry Pecan CoffeecakesFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in large warm bowl then sprinkle in yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining water, warm milk, honey, vegetable oil, salt and 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Blend well then stir in whole wheat flour and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic about 8 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl turning to grease top then cover and let rise in warm place 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down then remove to lightly floured surface and divide in half.
- Roll each to rectangle and transfer to two greased baking sheets and brush with melted butter.
- In small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and pecans then stir well.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture over center third of each rectangle.
- Along each side of coffeecake cut 1” wide strips from edge of filling to edge of dough.
- Starting at one end alternately fold six strips from each side across filling toward opposite end.
- Repeat from other end using six strips from each side.
- Loosely tie together remaining two center strips on top of loaf.
- Repeat with second coffeecake.
- Cover and let rise in warm draft free place until almost doubled in size about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes and switch positions of sheets halfway through baking.
- Remove from sheets and cool on wire racks then brush with glaze.
- To make glaze stir 1/4 cup honey and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until butter melts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!