Gluten Free Blueberry BuckleFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Crumble Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (Check label for allergens!) shopping list
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ stick butter, chilled and sliced into small slices shopping list
- ................................................................................................. shopping list
- Buckle Batter: shopping list
- ¾ stick butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus one tablespoon shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup sour cream (check label for allergens!) shopping list
- 1/3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed well, de-stemmed and dried shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8” square baking pan.
- To make the crumble:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter piece by piece until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- To make the batter:
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Gradual beat in 1 cup of the sugar. When it becomes soft and fluffy add in the egg and the vanilla. Beat until smooth. Next, blend in the sour cream.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Stir this mixture into the butter and sugar mixture just to moisten; the batter will be thick and lumpy. Fold in 1 ½ cup of the blueberries (reserve ½ cup for sprinkling on the top) and pour into the greased baking pan.
- Crumble the topping mixture over the batter, next sprinkle with ½ cup of reserved blueberries and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!