Apricot stuffed chicken breastsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skin on shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry stuffing mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 21/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 4 fresh apricots (1/2 lb), halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup apricot jam shopping list
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken skin side down and pound with a mallet to flatten slightly.
- Combine stuffing mix, onion, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Spoon stuffing mixture in a strip along center of each breast.
- Place apricot halved on top of stuffing.
- Wrap chicken around filling; tie each chicken roll with a string every 2 inches.
- Barbecue on rack about 5-1/2 inches above medium-hot coals 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Mix apricot jam, vinegar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Brush jam mixture over chicken rolls; continue cooking until done, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings