My Own Curried SausagesFrom littlefoot212 6 years ago
- 12 thick lamb or beef sausages 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika powder 1 tablespoon turmeric shopping list
- 3 tablespoons beef stock powder 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 kg potatoes, cubed and peeled 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 litre water 1 tablespoon cornflour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Peel all potatoes and the carrots and set aside in a bowl of water. Put all sausages in a heavy based saucepan and cover with water, bringing to the boil and cook sausages till they are partly cooked and browned on the outside. Drain sausages and slice thickly and place into a pan with the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, cornflour, tumeric, beef stock powder, and sweet paprika to pan and stir through to coat the sausages and stir over a medium heat until spices are fragrant and sausages look to be cooked through.
- Add the potatoes and the carrots and stir to coat, then add anough water to cover the mixture and stir to combine all ingredients together and then bring to the boil and then simmer, partially covered until the carrots and sausage and potatoes are fully cooked and the sauce/curry has thickened. Just before serving, stir through sour cream
- Serve as soon as possible with freshly steamed or boiled rice.