MINI SAUSAGE CALZONESFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb fresh or thawed frozen bread dough shopping list
- 4oz sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ¼ tsp. dried basil shopping list
- ¼ tsp. Dried oregano shopping list
- ½ cup Italian-style tomato sauce shopping list
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 Tb. Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tb. milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Divide dough into 8 portions. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add sausage. Cook until brown and crumbly; drain fat. Preheat oven to 425º. Grease a baking sheet.
- 2)Stir onion, garlic, basil, oregano and tomato sauce into skillet; simmer for 10 minutes. Roll each dough piece into a 5 inch circle. Spoon sausage mixture onto each circle; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3)Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough over to enclose filling; press to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 4)Beat egg with milk. Brush over Calzones. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Make ahead:
- Prepare calzones as recipe directs and wrap individually in foil; freeze for up to 2 weeks
- Thaw; reheat in a 325º oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
wonderful Calzones thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
The grandkids will love them. Thanks ^5 :)donman in Hammond loved it
another fine recipe.thanks.
sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!