Kung Po ChickenFrom wrigggit 7 years ago
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets cut into 1cm cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornflour cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons good red wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Oil- olive is healthier, but Peanut for flavour shopping list
- 10 small dried Red chilli's shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil extra shopping list
- 5 cm piece of ginger cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown or palm sugar shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, but if you can't get them, throw the plain variety in towrds the end of the cooking shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chinese black vinegar, or sushi vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken with cornflour and wine in a bowl. Cover, place in refrigerator and leave to marinate -an hour is best, but 15 minutes minimum.
- Place garlic, oil and chillies in a cold wok and then turn heat to low.
- Cook for about 1½ minutes or until chillies begin to darken slightly. Using a slotted spoon, immediately remove chillies and drain on kitchen paper.
- Leaving chilli-infused oil in wok, turn heat up to high and stir-fry half the chicken cubes for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon. Add extra oil to wok with remaining chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Return all chicken to wok, along with ginger and reserved chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add peanuts, soy sauce and vinegar and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Serve immediately, with rice noodles...
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!