Gluten Free DonutsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1¼ cups white rice flour shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 7/8 cup potato starch shopping list
- ½ cup tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon chickpea flour shopping list
- or soy flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 7½ teaspoons instant dry yeast shopping list
- 1¼ cups warm milk of choice (dairy, rice, soy, hemp, nut milk) or warm water shopping list
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter or dairy-free margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable oil (or more) shopping list
- Extra sugar, powdered sugar or cinnamon, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place rice flour, granulated sugar, potato starch, tapioca starch/flour, chickpea flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and dry yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat briefly to combine.
- Add milk, melted butter and eggs to dry ingredients. Beat for 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Let dough rest for 20 minutes in a warm, draft-free area.
- Cut 5x5-inch squares of parchment paper. Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with the widest tip or use a plastic bag with the bottom corner cut to create a ¼ to 1/2-inch opening. Pipe a donut-shaped circle* onto each parchment square. Set squares on baking sheets and let proof for 20 minutes in a warm, humid environment.
- In a deep skillet or electric fryer, heat oil over medium heat until oil reaches 350 degrees. Gently slide 3 or 4 donut sheets into the oil and fry 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the paper and gently turn donuts. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a tray lined with several sheets of paper towels.
- While still warm, sprinkle donuts with sugar, powdered sugar or cinnamon, if desired
- *To help form the donuts, shape them with plastic wrap that’s sprayed with vegetable oil
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!