Turkey Sausage and Eggplant BakeFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 small eggplant trimmed and cut into 12 1/3-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, casing removed, cooked & crumbled shopping list
- 1 Can (8 ounces) Italian-flavored tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese coarsely shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and layer in a colander placed over a bowl; place plate on top of eggplant to weigh it down; let stand one hour.
- Dry eggplant slices with paper towels; arrange on baking sheet and brush with mixture of olive oil and garlic.
- Broil until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Arrange eggplant slices in a single, slightly overlapping layer on the bottom of a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- Top with cooked sausage, drizzle with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheataed 350 degree F. oven until cheese is melted. Serve warm.