Steak and Black Bean ChiliFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- 3/4 lb sirloin steak shopping list
- 2 slices bacon chopped and fried shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 15oz cans black beans - (15 oz ea), rinsed, drained shopping list
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes - (15 oz), undrained shopping list
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 fresh Jalaepeno pepper, seeded, deveined and small diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp Chipotle pepper in Adobe sauce shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions with tops shopping list
- 6 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, fry up the bacon and remove to drain.
- Remove fat from steak. Cut steak into 1/2-inch cubes and brown the steak in the remaining bacon drippings. Don't over cook we are just doing this for appearances. The cooking will be done in the crockpot.
- Get out your crock-pot and put the liner in to make cleanup quick.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice, peppers, broth, chili powder and sugar. Give it a good stir and add the bacon, steak, onion and garlic. Give it another good stir.
- Cook in crock-pot on low for 5 hours
- Ladle into a bowl and top with green onions and sour cream.
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!