Creamy Parsnip SoupFrom prince 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. peeled parsnips , cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 large cut into large dice onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of butter shopping list
- 1 pinch of sugar shopping list
- 3 large thickly sliced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of cardamom shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of allspice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 c. of can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of half-and-half (or whole milk) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- Garnish: sauteed hazelnuts and dried cranberries* shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by adding some oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Saute oil until shimmering, then add the parsnips, onions, stirring quickly.
- After 7-8 min, turn the flame to low and add the butter, sugar, and garlic.
- These will cook around 10 min.
- Now you can add the ginger, cardamom, allspice, and the cayenne pepper approx. 1 min.
- Next you can add the broth over low flames approx. 10 min.
- Using your favorite blender, blend this mixture until creamy.
- Return the creamy mixture to your pot, add some half-and-half, until a creamy soupie micture.
- Season if needed and then ladle into bowls!!
The Cookprince Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!