Cashew Chocolate PieFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1/4 pound bittersweet chocolate, preferably Belgian shopping list
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust, cold or frozen or homemade shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if cashews are salted) shopping list
- 2 cups cashew pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave then brush interior of pie crust generously with chocolate, avoiding the fluted edges; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Stir in cashews then pour contents of bowl into piecrust. Bake until center is thickened but not quite set, about 45 minutes. Transfer pie to a rack and set aside to let cool completely. (Pie will set completely as it cools.) Serve pie at room temperature.