Tofu Split Pea SoupFrom prince 9 years ago
- 1 (16 oz.) package of soft tofu shopping list
- 1 (6 oz.) bag of finely chopped fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 white finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves of pressed garlic shopping list
- 4 small diced red potatoes shopping list
- 1 c. of peeled diced carrots shopping list
- 1 lb. of dry green split peas shopping list
- 4 c. of vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add olive oil to pan over medium flame.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Now in another large pot, add onion mixture, potatoes, carrots, and split peas.
- Slowly pour in broth, stirring as it comes to a boil before lowering the flame to low for around 60 min.
- Now you can puree the tofu and spinach in blender until creamy.
- Add this mixture into the soup, adding the basil, salt, and pepper also.
- Let this continue cooking for an hour until soup is creamy and thick!
- This is wonderful served with crusty bread!
The Cookprince Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!