BeetniksFrom pookiebear 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cut tops off beets. Remove stems and thick ridges. Save beetroot for another use.
- Wash and dry leaves- If leaves are mature, wilt slightly for easier handling by scalding with hot water,Cool and dry.
- Grease a round roaster or large casserole dish, or line with parchment paper.
- Cut off small pieces of thawed bread dough (about the size of a walnut) and wrap each in a beet leaf, rolling loosely. If leaves are very small, use 2 or 3 per bun.
- Place buns in layers, filling roaster half full. Sprinkle each layer with salt and drizzle with butter or oil.
- Top with a layer of leaves, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (1 - 1 1/2 hours).
- Bake, uncovered, in pre-heated oven at 350F for one hour.
- Fry onion and dill in butter over medium heat until soft. Add cream and simmer about 10 minutes.
- When buns are done, remove protective layer of leaves. Pull buns apart, place on a platter, and pour the dill cream sauce over them. Serve warm.
The Cookpookiebear Regina, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!