Apricot Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour. shopping list
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of baking powder. shopping list
- ¼ cup of dried apricots. shopping list
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened. shopping list
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar. shopping list
- 1 large egg. shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of apricot preserves. shopping list
- 1 cup (6 oz pkg) of semi-sweet chocolate chips. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; then set aside.
- Chop or snip the dried apricots into pieces slightly smaller than the chocolate chips.
- Cover with boiling water; then set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the egg and apricot preserves and continue to beat until blended thoroughly (pieces of apricot will remain visible).
- Stir the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture until it is blended well.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drain the water from apricot pieces; then fold them into the batter.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges of cookies are slightly browned.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!