Cajun Grilled CatfishFrom merlin 5 years ago
- 4-6 Fresh catfish fillets (2-3 lbs total) shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- ½ cup chopped fresh sweet basil shopping list
- juice of 1 large lime shopping list
- 3 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 T. hot and sweet prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 T. chili powder shopping list
- 1 t. ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 t. creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- 2 handfuls hickory chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Combine all ingredients except catfish in a large bowl.
- 2) Soak 2 handfuls hickory chips in water
- 3) Rinse the catfish fillets and drain. Place in a sealable plastic bag.
- 4) Add marinade and seal tightly, removing ass much air as possible. Place the bag in a large bowl (to protect against leaks) and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 5) After marinating, drain the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil for 5 minutes.
- 6) Add woodchips to medium coals. Wait until they begin to produce smoke.
- 7) Grill the catfish fillets over direct heat in a fish grill well that allows you to turn them. Make sure fish grill is well oiled with canola oil. Cook them about 3 minutes per side, turn and baste with the boiled marinade. I turn them twice, so about 6 minutes total per side.
- 8) Serve fish with dipping sauce with rice on the side.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating2 people
"5"FORK!!!!! for this wonderful recipe!
I grilled lots of 'catfish' when I lived in
New Orleans~also enjoyed it in some of the restaurants~
Thanks for sharing~
~FLAGGED' ~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!