GINGERED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLESFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 Lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise shopping list
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- ¼ cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Equal spoonful shopping list
- 2 Tbs. light soy sauce shopping list
- 4 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste ( optional ) shopping list
- Hot cooked rice ( optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- 1Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- 2 Heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil in skillet. Add red peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry mixture 3 to 4 minutes until vegetable are crisp tender.
- 3 Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, equal, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into skillet mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in chicken; heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- May be served over rice or pasta, if desired.