Hawaii Dobash CakeFrom kutadkubilik 6 years ago
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- » Frosting: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 8-inch pans.
- Beat egg whites until frothy; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until stiff.
- Sift together remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Make a well in center; add oil and half of milk. Beat until well-blended at medium speed. Add remaining milk and egg yolks; beat until smooth.
- Fold mixture into egg whites. Pour batter into pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, then slice each layer in half to make 4 layers.
- To prepare frosting: Combine water, sugar, salt and butter in saucepan and bring to boil. Combine cocoa, cornstarch and water; add to boiling mixture and return to boil. Cool completely. Frost between cooled layers, sides and top.