KAHLUA APPLE PIEFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Pastry for double crust pie shopping list
- 9-inch Pie dish or pan shopping list
- 6 large cooking apples shopping list
- ½ cup apple juice shopping list
- ½ cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup Kahlua shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- For top brush: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter Melted shopping list
- 3 Tbs. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Line the 9-inch pie dish or pan with half the pastry. Preheat oven to 425º.
- 2)Peel, core and cut apples into small wedges ( about 6 cups ). In a 3 qt. Saucepan, heat apple juice and sugar. Add apples and cook gently, covered, until almost tender. Remove with slotted spoon.
- 3)Add Kahlua to cooking liquid. If the liquid measure less than 1 ¼ cups, add more apple juice. Over medium heat, add butter to cooking liquid. Blend cornstarch with lemon juice. Stir into cooking liquid until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add apples.
- 4)Turn into pastry shell. Cover with the crust for the top, seal and flute edges.
- 5)Cut small decorative pattern on top to vent.
- 6)Brush the top lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 7)Bake on lower rack, and center for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8)Serve warm.