Bourbon-glazed sticky ribsFrom moggy 6 years ago
- 1.5kg/3lb 5oz beef fore ribs shopping list
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 small bunch fresh flat leafand parsley, leaves only shopping list
- 1 onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- For the bourbon sauce shopping list
- 175g/6oz tomato ketchup shopping list
- 150g/5oz chipotle chilli ketchup shopping list
- 110ml/4fl oz dark soy sauce shopping list
- 175g/6oz clear honey shopping list
- 4 tbsp ready-made teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 4 tbsp bourbon whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- For the ribs, place the beef fore ribs, peppercorns, bay leaves, flatleaf parsley, onion and carrot into a large pan. Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering.
- Simmer for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Meanwhile, for the bourbon sauce, place the tomato ketchup, chilli ketchup, soy sauce, honey, teriyaki sauce and bourbon into a separate pan, stir well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- When the ribs have simmered for 1½ hours, dip them into the bourbon sauce, then place them onto a roasting tray, reserving the remaining sauce. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then spoon over more of the bourbon sauce. Continue to roast for a further 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside on a warm plate