Eggplant towerFrom crazycooker 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplants shopping list
- 1/2 a lemon (juiced) shopping list
- 1/4c balsamic vinegar shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- moz. cheese (cut into slices) shopping list
- about 1/4c pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- big handful of fresh basil (washed) shopping list
- palm full of almonds (ground) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Turn on your broiler
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" slices
- put on sheet pan
- mix balsamic with lemon juice, a shake of evoo and some s&p
- "paint" one side of the eggplant with mixture and broil about 10 minutes (turning over once) until soft (but not charred)
- While eggplant is cooking make the "pesto"
- place pecorino, basil, and almonds in processer and pulse add s&p and garlic powder to taste, blend in evoo until it makes a thick paste
- When eggplant is done remove from broiler and start to stack
- 1st put down larger pieces of eggplant then some pesto followed by moz. slice and repeat ending with a piece of cheese.
- broil or bake the stack just until cheese is melted.
- Eat with a salad or a bit of pasta. Enjoy!!!!!
The Cookcrazycooker Some, Where
- Not added to any groups yet!