Polish Cheesecake SernikFrom kutadkubilik 5 years ago
- Polish cheesecake (sernik) shopping list
- Polish: sernik shopping list
- 1 lb quark / curd / twaróg shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 4 egg yolks + two more* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons custard powder or potato starch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour shopping list
- 9 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 9 tablespoons oil (mine was poppyseed oil) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- a handful of orange succade shopping list
- 1 cup boiling tea shopping list
- (underside is of your choice: none, layer of yeast cake or pie crust, biscuit crumbs with melted butter or just a layer of biscuits or a big wafer) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mash quark carefully. Pour boiling tea over raisins and set aside.
- 2. Beat 4 yolks with sugar. Prepare two yolks more: they have to be cooked.* You have two options: cook whole eggs, eat whites and take yolks, or separate whites and yolks from a raw egg, use whites anyhow you wish in other dessert and cook yolks (unbroken!) in a saucepan with boiling water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- 3. Press cooked yolks through a sieve precisely, mix with beaten raw yolks. Mix butter and oil with well mashed (until silky!) quark
- 4. Combine eggs batter with quark. Add sieved custard powder and flour, succade and drained raisins
- 5. Beat 4 wgg whites until stiff and pour into quark, mix gently. Pour the mass into a tray (with wafer, biscuit crumbs, layer of cake or just butter with breadcrumbs) and bake - about 1 hour in 350(as always, you have to be near the oven and check, check, check!)
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating2 people
I love this recipe make with Twarog Cheese candied orange peels "Orange Succade". THe flavors combined would be so wonderful. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I have it filled for future making! Five Forks!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!