Ginger-Peach Ice Cream PieFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
How to make it
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Pulse graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs form (13⁄4 cups). Add butter and 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger; pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes until firm. Meanwhile, stir spreadable fruit and remaining crystallized ginger in a bowl.
- Scoop 1⁄2 the ice cream into crust to cover, placing scoops close together. Spread 1 cup ginger-peach mixture over top; cover and refrigerate rest. Freeze pie 1 hour, or until firm. Top with scoops of remaining ice cream. Freeze 3 hours until hard, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- Up to 1 day ahead: Peel, pit and thinly slice peach. Stir into reserved ginger-peach mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving pie.
- About 20 minutes before serving: Transfer pie to refrigerator to thaw slightly. Spoon on ginger-peach sauce.
- Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 3 up to 2 weeks ahead. Step 4 can be done 1 day ahead.
- Note: Look for tubs of crystallized ginger in the produce or dried fruit section of your market. It’s less expensive than ginger in jars in the spice section.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!