Vegan Fish SticksFrom center_of_tx 4 years ago
How to make it
- Slice and press tofu between two clean dish towels or some paper towels until drained and pretty dry.
- Place tofu into a large bowl and add malt vinegar. Vinegar should cover the tofu, if not add a little more. Allow the tofu to marinate overnight in the refrigerator for best flavor.
- To make the batter: mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper together. Slowly stir in the beer.
- Put the batter in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- Heat your oil to medium high.
- Take out your bowl of marinated tofu and pat the pieces dry.
- Slice into fish stick size pieces.
- Dip the pieces into the batter to coat and place slowly into the hot oil. When nicely browned, turn them over to cook the other side.
The Cookcenter_of_tx Killeen, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!