Lamb Braised in Red WineFrom asheats 5 years ago
- ½ cup golden raisins shopping list
- ½ cup dry sherry shopping list
- 3 lb. boneless leg of lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- ¼ tsp saffron threads, crumbled shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp dried thyme shopping list
- ½ cup almonds, sliced shopping list
- ½ cup red wine shopping list
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 18-oz can diced tomatoes, with juices shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 cups kalamata olives, pitted shopping list
How to make it
- 2 hours before cooking!!: Put the raisins and sherry in a small bowl and let macerate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Combine the fresh orange juice and garlic; then put the lamb in a large bowl and pour the juice mixture on top. Let marinate, covered, in the fridge for 1 ½ hours, then remove from the fridge and let marinate at room temperature for another 30 minutes. Remove the lamb from the marinate and pat dry (this is important).
- Pre heat the oven to 400.
- In a large Dutch Oven heat the oil over moderate heat until hot. Brown the lamb in batches, transferring with tongs to a plate. Add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring until softened. Add the lamb back to the pot along with all of the spices, and the almonds, wine, raisins with sherry, and the chickpeas. Stir into the lamb mixture then add the tomatoes, lemon zest and juice, and olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the Dutch Oven, covered, in the middle of the oven, and let braise for 2 hours. Done!!
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!