Chicken Ham N Potato PieFrom ditty 6 years ago
- 30g unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3 leeks (white part only), sliced shopping list
- 500g waxy potatoes (such as Anya), peeled, chopped ( I sometimes use sweet potato or butternut pumpkin) shopping list
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces shopping list
- 2 cups roughly chopped leg ham shopping list
- 200ml thickened cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup wholegrain mustard shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 large sheet frozen shortcrust pastry shopping list
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in a large frypan over medium-low heat.
- Cook leeks, stirring, for 10 minutes until soft and wilted.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drain well. Add to frypan with chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add ham, cream and mustard. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring. Add parsley, season and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 25cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Line base and sides with shortcrust pastry.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Line with baking paper and pastry weights or uncooked rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper and weights and bake for 5 minutes until golden. Add filling.
- Top with puff pastry and press edge with tines of a fork to seal. Brush with egg.
- Prick pastry a few times with a fork.
- Chill and cook later or bake for 25 minutes until golden..
The Cookditty Brisbane, AU
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!