Bananas FlambeFrom pepeskitty 7 years ago
- 4 Tb softened butter shopping list
- A baking-serving dish just large enough to hold bananas in one layer shopping list
- 8 small or 4 large bananas shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dry white vermouth, dry white wine, or cider shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1Tb lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Smear 2 tablespoons of the butter in the baking dish. Peel the bananas and arrange in the dish; pour on the wine or cider, honey, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with remaining butter. (May be prepared in advance)
- The bananas with take about 15 minutes in the middle of a preheated 400 degree oven, or 20-25 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Baste about every 5 minutes with the liquid in the dish until bananas are soft and liquid is syrupy. You may bake ahead, and reheat; you may serve them plain or flambeed.
- To flame the bananas
- 1 tb granulated sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cognac
- Be sure bananas are bubbling hot. Sprinkle on the tablespoon of granulated sugar, then pour the cognac around them ( warm the cognac in a pan if you are not using a chaffing pan). Averting your face, ignite the cognac with a lighted match and spoon it over the bananas until the flames die down. Serve on hot plates.