Grilled Cheese Stuffed Chili PeppersFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- roasted chili peppers, 6 large or 12 small, may be jalepeno, any mild variety etc. shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 Pkg of any soft spreadable cheese , spreadable cheddar, even goat cheese or any other stuffable kind!! shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 4 large eggs separated shopping list
- 1 tsp yellow food color ( optional ) shopping list
- flour to dredge shopping list
How to make it
- Roast chili peppers by your favorite method ( I often grill them )
- Remove skins from roasted peppers.
- Cut in half, but dont cut all way through other side, carefully scrape off seeds any large ribs
- Fill and enclose peppers with some of the cheese , a heaping tsp or so as needed
- Beat whites stiff and then beat in egg yolks with food color all at once.
- Dredge filled peppers in the flour , and then in the egg mixture.
- Cook on a hot oiled griddle or pan as one would do for pancakes, turning over when one side is browned.
- Serve immediately
- Note: peppers don't have to be jalepeno , any kind or mild etc as you like
- Also one can reverse the breading process, place in egg first and then flour.
- If you prefer this way, make sure the pan has some oil to saute them- they won't be grilled then!
- Either way, they make a great appetizer and serve with some kind of dip or sauce if you wish- totally optional !
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
we are doing these for lunch tomorrow and I will report back
These look yummy. I plan on using maybe something like cheese wheeze or another spreadable cheese in them!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
looks good! I probably won't make them since I never tried anything like that!herby in Albany loved it
Midge I made them yesterday, using both breading methods. We loved them, esp when dipped in egg, then flour and fried in some oil! yumm!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Anything Goes286 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Television TV Famous Chefs66 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members