Miz Frances Russian TeaFrom eloise123 7 years ago
How to make it
- To make the tea, bring a small pot of water to boiling then remove from heat and add 3 small tea bags. Let steep for an hour, then dilute with more water to make 2 quarts.
- Add sugar to sweeten tea--to taste, but at least a cup
- In a small pot boil 1 cup of water, add cloves, and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into tea
- Next add pinapple juice and lemon juice to tea
- Add the frozen orange juice concentrate plus one can full of water (the can it comes in)
- If it tastes flat, add more lemon juice.
- Heat the tea to simmer and serve in mugs or teacups.
- You can keep the tea simmering on lowest setting for quite a while--keep leftovers chilled. Great warmed in microwave in place of breakfast coffee too!