Sauerkraut SaladFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 16 oz of refrigerated sauerkraut, don't use canned please shopping list
- 2/3 cup of sugar' shopping list
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of slivered water chestnuts shopping list
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, slivered as thin as possible shopping list
- 1/2 of small green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of small red bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots shredded shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, strings removed and chopped fine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard seed shopping list
- 1/4 tablespoon of caraway seed shopping list
- pinch (and I do mean a pinch) of cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Drain sauerkraut, rinse once and drain again.
- On stovetop, heat sugar and vinegar until the sugar melts.
- Put sauerkraut in a bowl,
- Pour dressing over the sauerkraut and toss well.
- Add all the other salad ingredients
- Toss again.
- Cover and chill at least one hour or more.
- Keeps forever.
- Serve very cold.
- Really tasty when served smoked pork butt or fresh ham.