Dark Cocoa Spice CookiesFrom nainajani 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tsp. coconut extract shopping list
- demerara sugar or decorating sugar shopping list
- ROYAL ICING: shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- Pinch cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- 1, Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and
- salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at
- medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and coconut
- extract. Add sifted flour mixture and mix well.
- 3. Gather dough into ball and divde into 4 equal pieces. Shape each
- piece into 6-inch long log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to
- 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Heat oven to 325. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Slice
- each log into 16 cookies. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets and
- bake 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire
- racks; cool completely.
- 5. For royal icing, beat egg white, powdered sugar and cream of tartar
- in small bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until thick and
- smooth. Cover icing with damp clotch during use to prevent icing from
- 6. Use small pain bruth to brush edges of cooled cookies with royal
- icing, then roll edges in demerara sugar before icing hardens. Makes
- about 60 cookies
- Tip: Keep your pain brush in the kitchen where it belongs and out of
- the kids' art projects by writing "kitchen only" on the wooden handle
- in marker.
The Cooknainajani DUBAI, AE
- Not added to any groups yet!