Pasta All amatricianaFrom bondc 5 years ago
- 1 lb. spaghetti shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 6 oz. bacon shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper shopping list
- salt (you might not need any) shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- grated parmagiano shopping list
How to make it
- Separate the bacon strips, then stack them (if you don’t separate them first, they’ll all want to stick together in big globs), three at a time. Cut into matchsticks.
- Heat a large sauce pan over high heat until quite hot, and add the olive oil. Add the onion and bacon, reduce the heat to medium low, stir well, and cook, stirring from time to time, until the onion is transparent and the bacon is done. Add the garlic, cook for a couple of minutes, then add the seasonings (don’t salt until it’s done), and the white wine. Turn the heat high, and stirring constantly, cook until the wine has evaporated. Add the tomatoes and sauce, turn the heat down to medium, and cook for about thirty minutes, until it has reduced. Taste, and salt, if necessary (you probably won’t need any).
- Mix with the (cooked) spaghetti, dress with the cheese, and serve.
The Cookbondc State College, PA
The Rating4 people
This sounds delicious and easy!! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
The bacon did it for me...Yum and thanks for sharing...quepidoll in Dadeville loved it
Thanks, Very delicious. 5 forks.victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!